So I’ve recently discovered a thing and it’s amAZING. I have a pair of white converse boots, and a pair of white shoes too (I haven’t done this to my shoes… yet!). But they get soooo dirty and £45 is a lot to be paying out every six months for a new pair!
If you have a similar problem, then I hope this blog post will save your actual life (like it saved mine… well, my converse’s anyway).
Here’s what my shoes looked like before…
Shall we start?
- So what you need to do first is rinse the shoes and get them slightly damp. I just ran them under the tap.
- Then, mix up a solution of detergent (any will do) and bicarbonate of soda at a ratio of 1.5:1. In other words, half as much detergent as baking soda.
- Get a tooth brush or scrubbing brush and start scrubbing! Make sure you get all of the shoe including the rubber parts.
- After this, just rinse the shoes under the tap to get the grains of soda off.
- Then just throw them into the washing machine!
- Annnnnd you’re done! Leave them to dry and viola!