It seems that my favourite artists haven’t released music in forever, but all of a sudden they’ve all decided to release stuff in the same month. Thanks guys.
1. If you need to know one thing about me, it’s that I am a massive fan of The Killers. Since the age of 14 they have consumed my life. You know when you love someone to the point of hate? That’s my feels towards The Killers. I’ve seen them live 4 times, and this November will be my fifth. I’m super excited because since I became a fan in 2009, they’ve actually only released one album as a band (solos in the meantime). Their fifth album Wonderful Wonderful will be realised on 22nd September (a day before my birthday) so singles keep cropping up on Spotify and it’s an exciting time for Killers fans. The song that caught my attention is called Run for Cover. It’s great. Give if a listen if you find the chance.
2. I think I have a problem. A Harry Styles related problem… (don’t we all have one of those?) I literally cannot stop listening to his debut solo album. It’s pure love. There isn’t a song on it that I skip and his voice… *heart eyes emoji*. Don’t get me wrong, I miss 1D like crazy, but if this is the alternative, it’s not a bad one.
3. On the topic of 1D: Niall. Now, I liked This Town and I liked Slow Hands a bit more. But the one I’ve had on repeat is Too Much To Ask. In fact, I’m not gonna lie to you, I’ve played it three times already whilst writing this. It’s such a good song and I just love it. Is there anything more pure than Niall Horan? I think not.
4. Jake Bugg, who? Like, didn’t he just fall off the edge of the Earth after Lightning Bolt? Well, it would seem not. He’s back with a new album (Hearts That Strain) and oh my god, I think it’s his best yet. I don’t really know what happened with the marketing of this album, but I’m a big fan of his and I was barely aware it was coming out. I can imagine it’s just got lost in the stream of albums that are constantly coming out, which is a shame because it’s really really amazing. I’ve missed you, Bugg.
5. Taylor Swift’s Look What You Made Me Do. Okay, I looooove Taylor, but I can’t seem to get my head around this one. I’ve been listening to it non-stop to try and get into it, but I’m not so sure. I just wish old Taylor could come to the phone 😦 Lemme know what you think of it.
I’d love to hear what you’re listening to lately!