Sorry for this short blog post today. I have been to the dentist and am currently dying (slight exaggeration). Okay, so on Boxing Day, yes, that long ago, I managed to fracture my tooth on a potato wedge. And since then I’ve visited the dentist five times!! They haven’t managed to fix it and now I’m going through the process of having a crown fitted! Fingers crossed this’ll work and I’ll be able to eat nice crunchy things again on both sides of my mouth…. the dream!
Anyway, my mouth and face is currently numb and swollen and I look like a dribbling mess. The anaesthetic I’ve been given is so strong I just want to sleep…. so that’s what I’m going to do.
P.s. Here’s a pic of me from yesterday when my face was of normal proportions.
I realised today that it’s been a while since I did a lil but of an update for you. So what’s going on in my life?
- I’m going back to work tomorrow!!!! After six weeks off (I work in a school) it’s my last day of the summer holiday (*cries*)!! However, last term I got promoted! I will be stepping up into my new role as a ‘Medical’ Teaching Assistant… I’m a little nervous but I did start to work a little bit in this role in the last few weeks of July so it’s not too daunting.
- Career change?? Already? So, I just said that I’m about to be starting a new job, but I’m already into the next thing! Thing is, I have a creative writing degree and it would be my DREAM to write for a living. So, I’m trying to make that happen. I’ve joined People Per Hour and I’m going to try and get my name out there as a freelancer and, the goal is to, work from home one day!
- Anxiety! I have only had two panic attacks since beginning on holiday, and that’s super good for me! However, I am starting to worry that going back to work will trigger them again. Obviously being off from work has been good for me. Maybe I should never go back again? Okay…
- My sister is getting married next year, and I’m going to be Maid of Honour! Exciting!
- I’m so glad I’ve resurrected my blog. I’m honestly loving writing on here and hope you all enjoy it too!
- I’m going to be 23 in three weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scary.
So life’s not been super exciting, but I’m still feeling a lil apprehensive about all the things going on, as usual! Thought I’d update you anyhow!
Hope you’re all having a wonderful Septmeber (it’s almost winter, wooooo!!). Whatever you are doing, whether you’re going back to, or even starting, school, college, uni. Whether you’re starting a new job, glad to be rid of the kids after the hols, or whether you’ve been at work the whole time- have a great nearly-autumn!